Taming the Tongue
November 7, 2021 Pastor: Darren Melugin Series: The Road to Maturity
Topic: Your Words, the Tongue Scripture: James 3:1– :12
Your words have more impact than you might think. Here are two ways you can tame your tongue:
1. Understand the power of the tongue.
- It is small but powerful. James 3:3-5
- It can damage your reputation. James 3:5-6
2. Drop the double talk. James 3:8-12
- Praising God with our words.
- Cursing people with our words.
Death and life are in the power of the tongue,
and those who love its use will eat its fruit.
You must let no unwholesome word come out of your mouth, but only what is beneficial for the building up of the one in need, that it would give grace to those who hear.
Speaking recklessly is like the thrusts of a sword,
but the words of the wise bring healing.
More in The Road to Maturity
November 28, 2021A Tune UP for the Road
November 21, 2021Spiritual Check Up
November 14, 2021The Truth about Wisdom